Riptown.com Media is an industry leader in the fields of marketing, advertising and software development. As the exclusive agency for our billion-dollar digital entertainment client, Riptown.com is responsible for producing everything from TV programs to music to online software applications. Simply put, Riptown.com operates in the fast lane of popular culture. As such, we are experts in all the latest technologies used to distribute today's hottest content. TV, music, online gaming â€“ name a form of entertainment and you could be involved in producing and marketing it. If it sounds like a great place to work â€“ that's because it is.
Our Junior Content Specialists are responsible for populating the content management system by migrating existing content. The position reports directly to the Content Strategist. A Junior Content Specialist needs to be able to work independently during the CMS (Content Management System) migration effort to localize our Client in the U.K. and continue to maintain all of the North American content with a heavy emphasis on asset coordination.
This position works closely with the Content Specialist and Content Strategist as well as Creative Producers, Creative Directors, and Designers.
Success in this role is measured by the individual's commitment to the CMS and willingness to improve the channel once the migration is complete.
What You'll Be Doing
- Understand and properly use the content management system including authoring, adjusting, and changing content on a regular basis.
- Work as part of the User Experience team in an effort to better the product once the migration is complete.
- Write, edit, proof, and manage written work products and deliverables associated with product projects, company communications and thought leadership publications.
- Define the types and number of content assets to be included in client solutions, collect that content, and then migrate it to the CMS.
- Research and create original content that will guide customers through the various web properties.
- Establish and maintain a content style guide for all written elements of the site, incorporating proper usage of copyrights, brand names, trademarks, and other stylistic usage elements.
- Ensure that content supports the project’s strategies and the corporate brand.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-2 years of experience as a Technical or Creative Writer on interactive projects and/or large e-commerce driven web portals (including blogs)
- Basic familiarity with a content management system.
- Must have excellent writing skills including a demonstrated knowledge of writing best practices for email, websites, and a basic understanding of search engine optimization; writing samples must be provided.
- Solid understanding of web-based technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on diverse projects in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate an ability to organize, catalog, and present information relating to strategic business objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline.
To apply, send an email with your cover letter, resume and a copy of writing samples to [email protected]. Please include Junior Content Specialist in the subject line of your email response.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your submission but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.