Riptown.com Media is an industry leader in the fields of marketing, advertising and software development. As the exclusive agency for our billion-dollar digital entertainment client, Riptown.com is responsible for producing everything from TV programs to music to online software applications. Simply put, Riptown.com operates in the fast lane of popular culture. As such, we are experts in all the latest technologies used to distribute today's hottest content. TV, music, online gaming â€“ name a form of entertainment and you could be involved in producing and marketing it. If it sounds like a great place to work â€“ that's because it is.
We are searching for a talented Content Specialist to join us as we create a new future in online entertainment. As a part of our growing and dynamic User Experience team, you will help fashion the user experience of online products. This role requires a blend of creativity and planning skills: there is no time for inspiration without organization. The pace is fast, the deadlines are hard, but the opportunity is ideal for someone eager to experiment and help drive the content strategy for interactive projects.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with the Creative Director, develop a vision and plan for the creation of online content
- Develop content in various formats, including copy, video and photography
- Ensure content strategy is scaleable, flexible, and compatible with the overall information architecture for their project
- Define the range of content assets to be included in the project and lay out a schedule to ensure their integration into the final product
- Research and create original content
- Ensure that content supports the project's overall goals and the brand
- Act as an advocate for the user experience of the project
- Perform special projects as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience at a multimedia/interactive media company or equivalent education
- Demonstrated writing capabilities; writing samples must be provided
- Knowledge of information architecture and interaction design
- Solid understanding of web-based technologies
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage workload
- Ability to work well with others on diverse projects in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior writing skills
- Relevant degree or diploma
- Experience in photography, videography, video editing, sound editing, and content management systems an asset
To apply, send an email with your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include Content Specialist in the subject line of your email response.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your submission but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.