With nearly 1000 customers worldwide, Halogen Software Inc. has established itself as the leading provider of employee performance and talent management solutions. Halogen offers powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable Web-based software that dramatically improves HR and line-manager productivity.
Halogen Software is seeking a talented User Interface Designer/Specialist who will deliver the most simplistic, intuitive and powerful user experience to our customers. The successful candidate will become a key member of the product development team that is focused on deploying innovative products that maximize ease-of-use for a wide range of end-users.
The UI Designer, together with various project team members, builds prototype user interface designs for usability implementation by the Java developers. You will be involved with the usability of our products throughout its entire development life cycle, in collaboration with Halogen Software's Product Development Manager, and our software developers.
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for Halogen Software products to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel;
- Work with the software developers to ensure compliance with interface design standards and that the user interface has been developed to specification
- Review application design specifications and build appropriate wireframes/mockups that assist developers in complying with standards
- Provide interface design expertise and review from concept development through delivery
- Contribute as a full member of cross-functional teams, helping to create innovative user experiences for existing and new product offering
- Promote, practice and implement user-centered design principles and methodologies;
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in user interface design, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- 3+ years experience with Photoshop or a similar graphic tool;
- Strong Graphical Design skills and web graphics production capability
- Extensive knowledge of web design fundamentals, including user-centered design process, information design, visual design, and industry UI standards
- Demonstrated grasp of UI development and design tools
- Demonstrated experience with W3C & Section 508 (i.e. accessibility) standards a strong asset
- Experience with usability testing
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Self-motivated, self-managed with strong communication skills (both oral and written) including effective presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
- BS degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, interaction design, web design, graphic design or a related field
- Candidates must provide a portfolio demonstrating experience in designing usable web interfaces. This must be an online or electronic portfolio. The portfolio should include artifacts from the design process, including examples of application architecture diagrams, wireframes and UI specifications.
Include examples that explain your user centered design process, what design goals were to be achieved, the obstacles in your way and the rationale process that resulted in the final design.
If you enjoy a fast paced, dynamic environment and want to be part of our success, forward your detailed resume to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for interview will be contacted, no telephone calls please.