Originally from LinkedIn Jobs
This is an exceptional opportunity to join toronto.com, Canada’s #1 online local search and entertainment site, with close to 1,000,000 monthly unique visitors. We are revolutionizing the toronto.com user and advertiser experience by creating outstanding user functionality and highly effective advertising vehicles for local businesses. This role will appeal to a product leader who is strategic, innovative and entreprenurial with the experience and drive to build outstanding products.
In this role, you will:
- Take toronto.com to a new level by developing and refining the product to become an even better interactive media property and local search engine.
- Champion the users and advertisers of toronto.com by building great user functionality and highly effective advertising products
- Responsible for developing features that make the site highly engaging and easy to use by taking advantage of the technologies and trends that are shaping the online media experience – search, personalization, mobile, multimedia, newsletters, user generated content, blogging etc.
- Highly involved in the redesign process of the site working with technology, design, marketing and sales resources
- Responsible for building a suite of media products and pricing that delivers local, multi market and national advertisers great value in reaching desired customers without trading off the user experience
- Execute and develop deep industry, consumer and customer insight that will influence product design and development
- Report directly to the GM, toronto.com and be a key member of toronto.com's management team
- Work collaboratively with the Ourfaves.com product manager to ensure we maximize the synergies of both properties and leverage the platform for toronto.com
Skills and experience required
- Ideally 2 – 3 years of product/brand management experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude and mindset
- Proven ability to lead and manage consumer products
- Ability to manage cross functional team through a product launch
- Experience interfacing with marketing and communication department, technology team and sales team to develop and deliver excellent products
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate and defend strategic recommendations
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and management skills
- Creativity, drive, passion, commitment
- Undergraduate degree or higher (preferably in Business â€“ e.g. BComm, HBA)
With close to 1,000,000 monthly unique visitors, toronto.com is Canada’s #1 online local search site. toronto.com is the destination to find out what to do and where to go in the city. toronto.com's goal is to help locals and tourists get out and enjoy the best of Toronto by offering current, comprehensive and searchable content and listings. toronto.com is owned and operated by Torstar Corporation. Torstar's portfolio of world-class internet sites currently includes workopolis.com, toronto.com, thestar.com, wheels.ca, Livedeal.ca, ourfaves.com and a mix of other regional sites.
Send us an email with your resume and any other interesting information you think would make you a standout member of Torstar Digital. We can be reached at [email protected].