JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
COMPANY: A.K.A. New Media Inc.
LOCATION: Toronto (downtown)
POSITION TYPE: Full time
A.K.A. New Media Inc. is a Toronto based technology and communications company looking for a technically savvy, focused, energetic and organized Business Development Manager to join its growing team. This individual will focus on the A.K.A. raisin product â€“ a sophisticated and leading-edge online fundraising application developed primarily for the not-for-profit industry to support their on online fundraising initiatives and maximize funds raised.
Primarily a sales position, the role includes cold-calling, lead generation and product demonstrations (both in person and Web demonstrations). There is also a significant customer relationship and account management component throughout the implementation and training phase. Additionally, opportunities to be involved in developing the overall marketing strategy, marketing communication materials (i.e. e-news and press releases) and product specifications for system enhancements is a key component of this position.
A.K.A. is looking for applicants who are interested in working with a fantastic web-based product in an engaging and supportive environment with opportunities to grow. You must have a passion for the Not-for-Profit sector and a desire to help clients achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate is a natural self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills. In addition, they come from an IT sales and service background where they have had exposure dealing with marketing and the technical teams. Additional skill requirements are below:
- Sales/Account Management Requirements (70%)
- 2+ years sales experience
- Extensive cold calling and lead generation experience
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Experience with software demonstrations (online and in person) and software training.
- Project Management experience with the end-to-end sales cycle, including implementation and training.
- Marketing (15%)
- Experience drafting and developing marketing communication material including proposals, e-news, site content, brochures, etcâ€¦
- Strategic thinker â€“ particularly around the marketing strategies and the Internet.
- Familiar and interested in keeping informed on the latest technology trends and making functional recommendations
- Analysis / Technical (15%)
- A solid understanding of the Internet and the Web development process
- Ongoing market research and analysis to identify trends and shifts in the marketplace
- Familiar with the system development life cycle and experience translating business requirements in system terms which may include user interface design/flow requirements
- Mastery of standard office software (e.g., Microsoft Applications)
- Other graphics or design skills would be an asset
Assets (not required)
- Bilingual (French/English)
For more information, please visit:
Please send resume to: [email protected] and put “AKA raisin Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Only those short-listed will be contacted.
No Headhunters or Employment Agencies Please.