BiblioCommons is a dynamic startup software company leading the way in the area of social discovery for libraries. Our complete social discovery system enables rich connections around library collections â€“ connections between users and the content, conversations and communities they're most interested in. BiblioCommons strives to marry leading edge technologies with a strong focus on user experience which makes our Web 2.0 system and its best-of-breed J2EE/Open Source technology stack one of the best in its market. It's an opportunity to push the frontiers of affinity-based social networking, and to bring social discovery applications into the mainstream. We have fabulous clients eager to push these boundaries in leading the way.
- Toronto – Queen and Spadina area
BibloCommons seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and adaptable full time Java Developer. You will perform analysis, design, documentation, implementation and unit testing as part of the software development lifecycle. You will provide on-going support and enhancements. You will be a part of the core development team working with new and exciting technologies and a best-of-breed J2EE/Open Source technology stack.
- Responsible for the full life-cycle development of the product/features from a technical perspective from requirements phase through the QA phase.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and unit testing of features and functionality
- Will work on both the Graphical User Interface components as well as server side components
- Required to create design specifications for all feature implementations as well as document code
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Java (J2SE, J2EE) development expertise
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming principles
- Familiar with relational database development and concepts including SQL
- Experience with design concepts such as scalability, fault tolerance and performance
- Experience coding web services
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills
- Team player and work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Experience with Hibernate, Struts, Velocity, SOAP and Ajax are assets
- Competitive salary
- A casual dress environment
- An opportunity to work with leading edge technology in a fun and dynamic work environment
Please forward your resume in confidence to: [email protected]