Jack Digital Productions Inc. requires an interface designer for an online education web site. The site has been built in Drupal with a placeholder visual template and at this point we need to prepare a design to launch the site. Ideally we would like to have this design completed by mid-September.
This is a contract position for the design of the education web site. This work can be performed remotely (although if you’re located in Toronto, Canada we’d like to meet in person!).
- The purpose of the education website is to inform and help patients who are suffering from disease.
- The website will be content-heavy and will feature Flash, Flash video and audio assets.
- Content design for accessibility will be a major concern.
- The successful proposed design should embody a flexible design approach as we are eventually launching a series of over twenty websites dedicated to specific variants of the disease.
- A logo and rebranding of the series will also be required.
- The subject is serious, but we want a light, friendly visual feel without distracting from the site’s educational aims.
- This project also will contain a small amount of print collateral design.
We expect the designer will provide two initial designs and then two iterations of a selected design incorporating our comments. The designer will also apply that design to the various pages of the site to ensure all requirements are covered.
Interested Applicants Should Send Us
- link to portfolio or sample sites
- include a description of your specific responsibilities for the portfolio/sample sites
We will contact selected applicants and provide a design document detailing the scope of work in order to arrive at a proper budget for the design.
Our ideal applicant:
- previous experience designing content websites
- knowledge of accessibility issues
- exceptional illustrative, design and typographic skills
- demonstrated ability to utilize CSS, working across multiple browsers
- fluent in english with great written communication skills
Preference will be given to applicants who also have:
- demonstrated Drupal 5.x theme development experience
Please email questions, portfolio links and resumes to Andy Yue. Thanks!