Achilles Media is a management organization for events. We undertake the organization of prime international events as well as training and development opportunities for content creators and other professionals in the television and new media industries. Our team of professionals combines creative event management with industry expertise. The focus of Achilles Media is to develop and support current and future leaders of our industry worldwide.
Achilles Media has two offices, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Canmore, Alberta, Canada. Achilles Media is committed to promoting excellence in content creation, collaboration and innovation in television and related media industries through the management of a series of international events on a year-round basis, including the Banff World Television Festival, nextMEDIA, NATPE Mobile ++ and History Makers: International Summit of History and Current Affairs Producers.
The Web Manager works across all of Achilles Events. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, he/she is responsible for the design, build and maintenance of a wide variety of digital products that support all Achilles Events. Examples of digital products include custom created applications, open source content management systems, blogs, social networking accounts across multiple sites, widgets, mobile applications etc.
Duties and Responsibilities (these include but are not limited to)
- Design, build and maintain a variety of different digital media products that support all Achilles Events
- Research new Web 2.0 tools and propose applications that could be used to grow Achilles Digital Properties
- Work with IT to ensure all legacy systems are integrated into new digital properties (Will require PHP and MYSQL skills)
- Manage the SEO and PR webcrawling of Achilles Digital Media Properties
- Compile data and research about Achilles properties the Internet including traffic patterns from Achilles Media properties.
- Compress and upload video content and meta-tag accordingly.
- Work with design team to brainstorm around marketing initiatives and design, build, maintain interactive components.
- Work with event programming teams, marketing department to ensure the content and information displayed on Achilles Digital Media properties is up to date, error free and relevant
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Marketing Director
Skills / Qualifications
- Passionate about Open Source Web 2.0 Tools and Experiences
- Experienced in constructing content management systems us Drupal and WordPress
- Experienced in creating and managing multiple social networking site accounts (MySpace pages, YouTube channels, Wikipedia entries, Facebook, Twitter, Pounce)
- Experienced in programming PHP and MySQL databases
- Strong Understanding of Best Practices in Interface Design
- Experienced in using Flash, Photoshop and HTML
- An understanding of video editing software and compression standards
- Familiar with metatagging and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with mobile phone operations (SMS, MMS, Bluetooth, etc)
- Proven ability to work in independently, extensive experience in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment. Experience working in digital start up is a plus.
- A passion towards and knowledge of the international new media industry and television industry. Blogging experience a plus.
Submit resumes to:
Director of Marketing
Achilles Media Ltd.
Email: [email protected]