Business Objects is looking for a Program Manager, Accessibility Standards Compliance:
This role within the Product Group Strategic Planning and Standards team will be responsible for helping Business Objects become a recognized global leader in accessibility by ensuring that the appropriate products in our portfolio suite comply with international accessibility standards. As Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with product management and development teams around the world on usability-related design challenges across a wide variety of Windows and Web applications, and apply best practice user-centered design techniques to ensure our products are usable with available assistive technologies.
This position is available in Vancouver, BC or Levallois, France.
- Perform business case analysis to establish strategic priorities
- Define realistic and achievable roadmaps for project deliverables
- Drive requirements through the development cycle
- Evangelize and educate product management and development teams on accessibility standards and technologies
- Establish automated tests tools for accessibility compliance and drive the adoption of these tools by the product teams
- Define, author and deliver a Developer Handbook for accessibility
- Coordinate validation of products with 3rd party consultants where needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of global accessibility legislation and standards (WCAG, 508, etc.)
- Familiarity with Assistive Technologies such as screen readers, etc.
- Experience in developing software for accessibility
- Strong Business Analyst skills and experience
- 3-5 years business experience in user experience and/or program management
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
How to apply
Go to “http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/businessobjects/publicjobs/canada/”: http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/businessobjects/publicjobs/canada/ and search for: Program Manager, Accessibility Standards Compliance