HSBC User Centered Design (UCD) is an internal consulting team that specializes in usable and accessible e-commerce solutions. With locations in Asia, North America and Europe, the global UCD team provides core services of usability testing, user interface design, user research and content development. Working with a variety of business and technology platforms, UCD projects include public facing websites, intranets, staff applications and mobile devices.
We are seeking Senior User Interface Designers with a passion for user experience to join our team. As a Senior UI Designer, you will, Use research and design skills to discover, understand, promote, and communicate goals of the end user while balancing needs of business and brand; Partner with User Researchers and Content Developers to design, deliver and communicate the results to clients and stakeholders; Schedule and manage the design cycle throughout the project and oversee UI designers also assigned to projects; Play a larger role in promoting and marketing the UCD team’s services throughout the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, design and deliver effective, intuitive user interface designs with one or more diagramming and design tools including MS Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent programs
- Create site architecture documentation as required including: interaction models, site navigation and information structuring and translate these into visual experiences
- Provide design direction and act as a leader to UI Designers
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology, design, eBusiness, marketing and financial services to identify opportunities to enhance the experience design of interactive products and services
- Multi-task, manage and act as creative lead on larger, more complex projects including taking ownership of creative scheduling, deadlines, deliverables, quality control and art direction.
- Foster a collaborative creative environment by sharing critiques and participating in project and team brainstorming sessions
- Observe, understand, and translate research (field observation, contextual interviewing, task analysis, usability testing, competitive analyses, industry trends, social trends, stakeholder interviewers) to uncover customer and business needs and define visual context of project
- Communicate with and offer refinements to the business requirements if out of synch with research of user needs
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events
- Complete other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Interactive/Multimedia Design, Graphic Design, Studio Art, Human Computer Interaction, or related area
- A minimum of five years experience creating and developing experience design solutions for high-traffic dynamic interactive products or services as well as experience with e-commerce design
- Experience in product and application design in a consulting environment preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good analytic and problem solving skills; an understanding of user-centered design principles; knowledge of industry best practices and standards; and a professional communicator inside and outside the design team
- Knowledge of personalization, customization and content management systems preferred
- Must present a portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of and passion for experience design and graphic design principles
If you are seeking a challenging and promising career, HSBC has a world of professional opportunities for you to explore. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package, including incentive pay, plus reduced rates for loans and mortgages. We make a point of rewarding performance, supporting professional development and providing Work Life solutions.
How to Apply
To apply please visit "About Us" at www.hsbc.ca.
At HSBC, we value diversity in our workforce and invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.