100% CANADIAN. As Canada’s public broadcaster, CBC offers all Canadians Broadcasting services that reflect and celebrate our country’s diverse heritage, culture and stories.
More than a jobâ€¦. an exciting career.
Take pride in what you doâ€”and where you work. CBC/Radio Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one if it's largest cultural institutions, with over 10,000 employees. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadian's in English, French, and eight aboriginal languages.
- One year contract position
Working with the creative manager of digital programming and business development, and other designers, you will be assigned to design non-functional prototypes and online creative concepts for CBC.ca, ensuring they are in line with the brand, business strategies, and objectives of the client, and meet the need of the end-user.
Working with other designers and UI Developers, you will be assigned to design and prototype graphical user interfaces with diverse types of content and functions. You will be responsible for graphic design, with a strong adherence to usability concepts, information architecture best practices, and an excellent knowledge of current interface technologies.
Live URLs, or a portfolio of web and digital design projects is required to apply for this position.
- Contribute to aspects of pre-production: profile building, scenarios, process flow diagramming, wireframing and other techniques for establishing design specifications.
- Confidently estimate resource requirements and scheduling for all projects.
- Deliver creative briefs that clearly reflect the goals and concepts of the creative team.
- Provide constructive positive feedback to team members.
- Work closely with the creative manager, digital art director, designers, project management and technical teams.
- Manage change control throughout design project execution.
- Develop/reinforce/drive creative process through the design phase.
- Focus on user-centered experience design to improve quality.
We are looking for a candidate that has the following:
- Minimum three to five years experience and demonstrated expertise in new media design and production.
- Knowledge of various prototyping methods and how to apply them.
- A background in interaction design/ interaction architecture.
- Understanding of information architecture.
- Have used or implemented a variety of techniques for solving interaction design problems.
- Experience in user-centric design techniques, and heuristic usability testing processes.
- Ability to translate business requirements documents into design briefs/specifications.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Complete command of graphic authoring software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with website design in an Agile workflow.
- Formal design training, with strong animation, illustration and layout skills.
- University degree in an arts/design-related field.
- Developed and diverse communication skills and ability to articulate creative ideas effectively.
- A customer-focused attitude that is committed to satisfying the vision of the client.
- Ability to visualize, communicate and justify creative concepts.
- A talent for working under pressure and with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a team rapport with creative team personnel and project managers.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Broad exposure to design and design styles.
All qualified persons are welcome to apply for these positions. Please note that we are particularly seeking Aboriginal peoples, members of a visible minority, persons with a disability, and women as we want to increase their participation in our workforce.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are seeking an environment that fosters creativity and innovation, this is the place for you.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at cbc.ca/jobs