Location: Toronto, ON (Read: you must be able to work in our office in Toronto)
Domainer.com, a newly funded software company building innovative solutions for the domain name industry, is seeking a Web Application Developer to add to its team. You will work as a key member of a team, taking direction and input from other developers as well as working directly with the President of the company.
- Must be able to program in multiple web application languages
- Deep experience with web application development
- Experience with multi-table relational databases and SQL
- Experience developing applications with publicly available APIs (please provide site samples)
- Demonstrable knowledge of effective User Interface design (please provide site samples)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in an Agile development team
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Knowledge of blogging, blog platforms and syndication formats (RSS, Atom)
- Experience developing for open source projects Experience with of SVN and source control
- Comfortable using Linux
- Experience with Java and Eclipse or other IDEs
- Knowledge of the domain name industry and domain registration processes
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of revenue generating programs available on the web (eg – Google Adsense, affiliate programs)
This is a full time position located in our offices in downtown Toronto. We offer a competitive salary and stock option participation.
Send Resumes to: [email protected]
Subject Must Be*: WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER RESUME
*if its not then it will be filtered out and never reach our inbox
Domainer.com works with owners of great domain names to turn underutilized brands into great web destinations. The Domainer.com platform aggregates relevant content from participating bloggers, as well as shopping offers and data from various web APIs and proprietary sources. In all cases the goal is to take a domain that is unused or “parked”, and improve traffic and user experience to enhance the overall value of the domain name.