POSITION: Manager, IVR VUI Design- Wireless
REPORTS TO: Director, IVR Design & Implementation
DEPARTMENT: IVR Customer Experience
COMPANY: Rogers Communications Inc
LOCATION: 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a team that implements process improvements within Rogers Communications Customer Care operations, focusing on the customer's interactions with automated voice channel. As a member within the IVR Customer Experience team, the individual will be responsible for initiatives that develop, maintain and improve performance of complex voice solutions that result in measurable improvements for both the customer and Rogers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage wireless business improvement projects and initiatives focused on IVR speech recognition and DTMF call handling, call control (routing, queuing) and telephone access strategy (contact number management).
- Lead the design and end-to-end optimization of the IVR process for wireless prepaid customers.
- Identify, define, prioritize and manage multiple concurrent process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Manage process characteristics that are critical to quality, delivery and cost.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to identify and deliver process improvement initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction and operating cost reduction. Identify call routing issues and solutions for operational effectiveness.
- Implement, track and continuously improve metrics and reports to support multiple business process improvements.
- Lead teams conducting the detailed analysis of processes within the company, including gathering data, investigating cause-effect relationships, and measuring process performance.
- Identify and apply industry best practices and benchmarks and develop â€œbest-in-classâ€ process models and target performance metrics.
- Devise actionable plans and strategies for implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Develop business cases and obtain executive-level support and approval for implementation.
- Act as a liaison with the IT department to provide business requirements and set priorities in the development and implementation of metrics and support systems.
- Work with other channel owners (web, call center, etc) to ensure customer experience is consistent.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Adaptability; Initiative; Integrity; Individual Accountability and Operational Excellence
- Role-Specific Competencies: Achievement Orientation; Innovation/Creative Thinking; Listening, Understanding and Responding and Problem Solving /Judgment
- Experience designing, implementing and improving processes in a call center environment, ideally focused on telephony solutions.
- Telecommunications experience, specific to the wireless industry, and ideally experience in the prepaid customer segment
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Business and/or related process improvement experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience combined with 5+ years applicable work experience
- Experience designing, implementing and improving processes in a call center environment, focused on IVR and telephony solutions.
- Operational Know How â€“ demonstrated ability to think and execute across various functions
- Highly developed project management and communication skills
- Experience working within and leading cross functional teams
- Energetic self starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Experience with process mapping tools: Visio or iGrafx
- Graduate studies in Business Administration or related degree or relevant work experience.
- Experience understanding and interpreting usability and/or tuning reports for speech applications
Rogers is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified candidates are invited to submit their profile directly online:
Candidates are also welcome to browse other related opportunities showcased on our website.
Should you experience any difficulty submitting your profile onto our career website, you can email your application to:
Please include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line for easy identification.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those external candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.