Blue Coat™ helps organizations make the Web safe and productive for business. Blue Coat proxy appliances provide visibility and control of Web communications to protect against risks from spyware, Web viruses, inappropriate Web surfing, instant messaging (IM), video streaming and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing â€“ while actually improving Web performance. Trusted by many of the world’s largest organizations, Blue Coat has shipped more than 20,000 proxy appliances.
The Blue Coat Proxy SG™ family of proxy appliances provides total visibility and control of Web communications with wire-speed performance. Based on Blue Coat SGOS™, a custom, object-based operating system with integrated caching, these proxy appliances leverage existing authentication systems to enable flexible policy enforcement down to the individual user. Proxy SG combines comprehensive proxy support of all Web protocols with integrated content filtering, instant messaging control, peer-to-peer (P2P) control, streaming control, pop-up ad blocking and virus scanning. Blue Coat’s end-to-end product portfolio includes powerful reporting, policy and configuration management software – delivering a scalable proxy solution for centralized or distributed enterprise environments.
The Waterloo Engineering group has taken on the task of building a new User Interface for our flagship product from the ground up. This new interface is going to be Web 2.0 friendly. By using AJAX we will build a user interface that completely supports the user's workflow while fitting into the latest products and technologies.
The typical duties for this position would include:
- Working with Subject Matter Experts, Systems Engineers and end users to ensure that designs meet the task and user goals.
- Coordinating and facilitating all phases of usability study preparation, including recruiting, scheduling, questionnaire development, and scenario scripting.
- Performing usability testing on GUIs in both a lab and field setting
- Presenting findings with actionable recommendations, working with team members to help prioritize recommendations into feasible solutions.
- Designing usable Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- Documenting the designs in a structured and traceable manner.
- Creating mockups and prototypes of user interfaces.
- Writing style guides to ensure consistency and a common look and feel to our products.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years of user interface design experience, preferably in complex systems.
- Post secondary education in Psychology, Computer Science, Information Architecture or related discipline.
- Understanding of Human Factors and experience in applying user-centered design methods
The following would be a real plus for the position:
- Ability to translate user needs analysis or other engineering analysis to design requirements.
- Background in requirements gathering (interviewing and observation skills)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to create effective documentation
If you are looking for a challenge in a fast paced company, join Blue Coat!
Submit your resume at our corporate website at: [email protected]