Full posting: http://vancouver.craigslist.org/sof/371711297.html
At Zeta, we are hiring full-time web application engineers and designers to help build next-generation social web applications, written on top of Ruby on Rails. Creativity, intelligence and ability to learn are highly valued.
If any of the following match your experience, we’d love to hear from you:
- Ruby on Rails
- MVC application frameworks (working with them and extending them)
- Web application UI design
- Experience with libraries such as Prototype
- Web Services
- REST, HTTP, XML, microformats, Web API’s
- Distributed/Clustered (web) application development
- PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Lucene, Ferret
- *nix and Open Source development platforms
- Gentoo Linux, memcached, Linux Virtual Server (ipvs), etc.
Familiarity with functional fields of research such as:
- Human-Computer UI design, usability and accessibility
- Social networks, Collaborative filtering, Reputation/Recommendation systems
- Information organization – wiki, folksonomy, tagging
- Information Retrieval – latent semantic indexing in document, topic clustering
- Bayesian statistics in text classification
- Data Mining
We consider it equally important that you share a passion for:
- Creative yet scalable solutions in making things work
- Cool and useful web applications, AJAXy et. al. like Google Maps
- Being workaholics (without being a brain-dead zombie)
- and most importantly, a vision for the future of the Web and what’s possible.
Positions are full-time, salaried and with comprehensive benefits. We are looking for developers in all levels of the stack, from browser frontends/Views (UI), Controllers, to Models/backends. We are flex-time and flex-location, but ability to meet in Vancouver is required. Great time to move to the best place to live in the world if you haven’t already.
Note (July 11, 2007)
Engineers skilled in Perl and PHP is also a plus.
If interested, please email your resume and a portfolio to jobs at isohunt.com.
isohunt.com and its associated P2P-related web communities are leading in its field, and is among the largest 300 websites in the world. We are a fast growing start-up that thinks P2P and the Web are just beginning. Our mission is to aggregate, personalize, and publish the world’s information.