Teehan+Lax is currently seeking a motivated, hands-on web developer to help build-out and manage our front-end development group. Developers are involved throughout our process and are encouraged to work through ideas and solutions with the entire design team.
- 5+ development experience
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
- Knowledge of developing cross platform/browser compatibility for dynamic web applications
- Adherence to web standards and object oriented programming
- Experience with source/version control software is a plus
- Self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Build a technology practice to support the work being done in both the programs and platforms sides of the business.
- Hire and manage staff (with assistance from the partners)
- Create processes and methodologies that deliver quality work
- Work with clients and third party technology groups to deliver great work
- Work with team internally to create and deliver great work
- Experience with Flash
- Experience with server technologies bonus (PHP, MySQL)
What’s different about working at Teehan+Lax
We focus exclusively on front end user experience design for the digital channel. There are no technical build teams, no offline divisions. Everyone you’ll be working with desires to create best in breed online user experiences. In fact, 90% of the staff here hold creative positions. That means no Account Managers, no Managing Directors, no Business Analysts. We maintain very little hierarchy. There are two roles at Teehan+Lax: Partners and Associates. The people with the right skills are put on the right projects. We’re small and nimble. There are no pitch teams, no “B” teams. All of our staff work directly with our clients, so if a client has a question that relates to IA they’ll speak to the Associate or Partner who worked on it – not an account manager.
How to apply
If you’re talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we’ll enable you to do the best work of your career.
Send us a resume and portfolio of your work to “jobs [at] teehanlax [dot] com”. Suitable candidates will be contacted promptly.