Raised Eyebrow Web Studio, based in Vancouver BC, creates beautiful, accessible, and user-friendly websites for nonprofits and small businesses. We are seeking a FRONT END DEVELOPER with extensive experience working on the web. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and experience working on smaller teams – we are currently a 4 person studio.
You will be the person who takes site designs and turns them into websites. This means:
- Producing CSS/XHTML standards compliant templates from design comps;
- Troubleshooting browser and platform agreement issues;
- Integrating templates with various Open Source CMSs, including
Drupal, Typo3, WordPress, and others;
- Installation and configuration of Open Source CMSs;
- Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of existing client sites. (Note: we have a full-time maintenance person. Maintenance would be a minor part of your work.)
- Advanced knowledge and implementation of W3C Web Standards;
- Expert knowledge of browser/platform compatibility issues and
techniques for front-end development;
- Dynamic/Database Driven Development (PHP 4 & 5/MySQL);
- Expertise with production aspects of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills ;
- Comfortable working in a Windows environment;
- And you must be able to work in downtown Vancouver.
Bonus Points For
- Significant experience with Drupal, API, themes and assets a plus;
- Significant experience with any of Plone, Typo3, WordPress, Mambo and Joomla also a plus.
Qualities We’re Looking For
- A smart and detail-oriented person who loves working on the web;
- Solid, responsible, reliable, and great at keeping the team in the loop on your progress;
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently;
- Efficiency: great at prioritizing and handling deadlines.
- A four-person shop with clients in the non-profit, government and business sectors;
- Specialists in web design – we don’t do print or other media;
- Committed to honest, high-quality work for high-quality clients;
- Constantly learning, striving to improve ourselves and share our knowledge with others;
- Devotees of standards-based, content-oriented web design.
About Raised Eyebrow Web Studio
We are a Vancouver-based company specializing in online strategy, design and development> . Our goal is to serve as a resource for quality website development and information, and to promote the web as a creative and empowering communications tool. We are a four person studio founded in early 2000. We work almost exclusively with non-profit organizations, arts groups and small businesses. Have a look at http://www.raisedeyebrow.com to find out more about us.
About the Position
4-5 days a week salaried position (this has been a four day a week position until now, but may be expanded to 5, please let us know your preference when you apply) with benefits package (medical, dental and profit sharing bonus structure).
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and references to [email protected].
Deadline: Friday, July 20, 2007.
No phone calls please. You must be able to work in Vancouver to apply for this position.
Women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.