The British Columbia Institute of Technology requires a temporary, full-time Web Content Coordinator. The successful candidate will work in a team environment, developing and sustaining an active and skilled web publishing community that consists of web content owners and subject matter experts who publish institute information into BCIT web properties on behalf of their School or department. The role demands community-of-practice facilitation skills, experience in web content strategy, web publishing best practices, and skills in web writing and editing in a hypertext-based enterprise content management system environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline plus completion of specialized training in web publishing, technical writing and internet applications
- Post-baccalaureate studies in publishing, technical communication, marketing, or education is an asset
- Two years’ general web content development experience plus four years’ experience in a similar position, writing and editing web content, preferably in an educational setting
- Experience with web content management systems workflow
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, Visio, and HTML and DHTML editors, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Web Content Management System (CMS) workflow is required
- Familiarity with web content publishing environments in general and CMS, XML, XML editors and storyboarding would be an asset
- Ability to use common operating systems (e.g. Windows) and standard file formats (e.g. gif, tiff, pdf, eps, etc.)
- Knowledge of web usability design and information architecture principles
- Familiarity with requirements definition, site mapping and client interaction
- Excellent communication, facilitation and consultative support skills
- Technical, editorial and “writing for the web” skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop schedules, action plans and implementation guidelines for web content development
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new skills and participate in ongoing professional development.
Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications.
|TERM OF APPOINTMENT:||August 13, 2007 to March 31, 2008|
|SALARY RANGE:||$48,405 with yearly increments to $52,525 per annum|
|CLOSING DATE:||July 16, 2007|
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a diverse, enthusiastic workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please visit http://www.bcit.ca/jobs/postings.shtml