The Art Gallery of Ontario seeks an experienced New Media Developer to maintain the AGOâ€™s web properties (including the AGO web, blog, eCommerce and intranet sites) and to assist with the redevelopment of the AGO website â€“ www.ago.net.
Reporting to the Manager of New Media, the New Media Developer:
- Plans, develops, tests, deploys and documents new web applications and templates. Implements ongoing web site infrastructure and feature improvements in response to needs of the Galleryâ€™s public programming;
- Administers and monitors servers and scripts;
- Updates web content and templates. Administers distributed web authoring process;
- Maintains contact with Service Providers and IT staff to troubleshoot and remedy issues with hardware, software or networks and install, update and backup web servers, application servers, database servers and operating systems.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or other comparable degree is required with some years experience of web development;
- Demonstrated experience developing web applications and providing webmaster support for large, dynamic websites. A portfolio is required;
- Demonstrated fluency with commercial application servers and open source web frameworks such as ColdFusion/MSAccess/IIS and Python/Django/MySQL/Apache;
- Demonstrated experience with search technology, Content Management Systems and mailing list managers;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current web development standards such as WAI, CSS and other W3C specifications;
- Well developed knowledge of Windows, Mac and Unix operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience with system planning and design;
- Well developed communication, interpersonal, time-management and organisation skills;
- Well developed problem solving skills.
Applications should be received by July 20, 2007 and submitted to:
Staff and Volunteer Resources
Art Gallery of Ontario
317 Dundas St. West
Fax: 416 979 6689
Email: [email protected]
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), one of North America’s finest art museums, is undergoing a Frank Gehry-designed expansion. When completed in 2008, the AGO will increase its viewing space by 47 per cent and offer visitors access to 110 galleries. Join the AGO at this exciting time as we transform into a new kind of art museum, a place that brings art and people together, boldly declaring art matters.