|Website type:||Online community|
|Job Type:||Long-term freelance contract, off-site|
|Hiring Timeline:||August-September 2007|
|Requirement:||You need to be based in the GTA|
|Ideal candidate:||Jack-of-all-trades developer with a strong focus on open-source development of database driven applications|
- Advanced developer with 3-5 years of professional experience building, launching, upgrading and maintaining enterprise level web applications
- Computer science degree or equivalent is desirable
- Familiarity with MVC design patterns desirable (but not required), e.g. RoR or PHP MVC frameworks
- Professional experience with large and technically complex database driven sites
- Communication, problem-solving, detail-oriented, demonstrates high level of high work ethic, passionate about web-development
- Application upgrades and enhancements to meet evolving customer needs and latest industry trends. Ongoing application support, maintenance and bug fixes. Ability to be responsible for all aspects of the application: technical specification & documentation of new modules, design & implementation, database management, testing & troubleshooting, application security, onsite seo, cross-browser issues and basic front-end design.
|Project:||Auction community for Canadian consumers, fairly large site|
|Project status:||Testing and pre-launch phase|
|Payment:||Negotiable hourly or profit-sharing (depending on your preference)|
|Client:||Private client; Clear project specification are provided|
Project details & Skill-set requirements
This is a challenging opportunity for an advanced web developer who enjoys stimulating projects and has extensive experience handling enterprise level web applications. The site involves an online auction community, similar to many other auction sites in the industry, yet uniquely differentiated. The site targets Canadian consumers. You need to have the skill set to manage sizeable database driven applications and have the expertise to be responsible for all the technical aspects of the website. Such may include: providing technical specifications and database design for any new modules/upgrades, implementation using latest coding standards and security measures, attention to site usability and accessibility, application testing, troubleshooting and debugging, handling site security & backup, providing clear documentation, onsite seo, cross-browser issues and basic front-end design.
The project has grown in scope and we are looking into hiring one or two more developer(s) to come on board prior to launch. The new developer(s) will provide various technical assistance in the pre-launch phase and later be responsible for maintaining and upgrading the application. We believe that clear and open communication is pivotal to ensure our expectations are in sync, hence, the developer needs to be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
You professional expertise should include:
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Symfony, CakePhp, Seagull, Zend framework or other similar frameworks is highly desirable
- Experience launching and maintaining enterprise level applications
- Strong database systems design and development skills
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years professional programming experience
- Experience working with large projects through the entire life cycle of a web-based service from concept, implementation, testing to maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-organized, able to meet deadlines
- Bright, motivated, hard working, very dependable professional
This posting is no longer open.