Interface Developer â€“ eCommerce
Work with the best minds in the business.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massages come to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
|Reports To:||Lead Architect|
|Type of position:||1 User Interface Developer requiredâ€“ full time|
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Should be an expert in browser support for various technologies, cross-browser and platform techniques and their impact on the functionality of a Web site
Languages (hand-coding a must)
- Web Standards-based HTML / XHTML
- CSS1, CSS2
- SQL and Java an asset but not required
Software (latest versions)
- Macromedia HomeSite / Dreamweaver
- Bradsoft Topstyle
- Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady or Macromedia Fireworks
- Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator Versioning
- Knowledge of other browsers: Lynx, Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror, WebTV
- 4 Years of Professional Web Development experience
- Exposure to Content Management Tools such as CVS
- Understanding of HTTP, HTTPS (SSL), SSH
- Comfortable in both Windows and Unix/Linux Environments
- Build a Web site with clean, commented, and efficient source code, with a precise sensitivity to design, download times, and application requirements
- Integrate a design, slice up and optimize graphics, add multimedia, as well as integrate all content
- Adapt applications to fit within an approved design
- Prior to launch, assist in performing tests on the finished product to ensure the site is working according to the scope of the project requirements
- Frequently provide documentation or training on maintenance and style guidelines for the site
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to Andrea Russell, HR Coordinator, at [email protected]
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please
No phone calls please