Genesys Conferencing is a leading Software as a Service provider of conferencing and collaboration services to thousands of organizations worldwide, including more than half of the Fortune Global 500. Our services are designed to meet the full range of communication needs within large enterprises, from collaborative team meetings to high-profile online events.
Our flagship and award winning service, Genesys Meeting Center is an on demand online multimedia platform that integrates voice, web and video conferencing features. This service allows users to manage all aspects of an on-line meeting via the web, deliver presentations virtually, and share any document or application in real-time.
With offices in 24 countries and three R&D centers across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, Genesys offers an unmatched global presence and strong local support. Genesys Conferencing is publicly traded on Euronext in France (ISIN FR0004270270) and on the NASDAQ in the US (GNSY).
Genesys Conferencing is currently looking for a User Interface Designer in its Toronto location. We are seeking a self-motivated and creative person to be responsible for designing, modifying, and prototyping software modules with the Genesys Development Group. Using demonstrated ability and experience the successful candidate will provide innovative ideas for the visual development and work flow of our software. The candidate is expected to aid in the support of our existing software in addition to developing/maintaining new modules for the next release. Workloads may fluctuate in order to accommodate the release schedule.
A large part of this role encompasses work flow and usability of the products and features within the user interface design. Frequent interaction with various development teams, product managers, marketing, and the sales department is expected. The ideal candidate will possess proven user interface design experience in both web and Microsoft Windows. This includes graphical design tasks. S/he also needs to be comfortable dealing with customers, senior management, and executives. Time management skills are essential. An important part of the position will be creating UI mock ups, prototypes, analyzing user feedback, and working with focus groups.
This position requires very minimal travel.
Skills and Qualifications (required)
- Innovative and creative
- 3+ years of professional user interface design experience, especially in web GUI design. Sample work is required.
- 3+ years of overall Photoshop experience plus Flash creation experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superb problem solving skills. Ability to correctly and efficiently interpret requirements
from both technical and non-technical sources
- Ability to accurately estimate the amount of work involved in a task
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic team player
- Ability to self-motivate, positive attitude and willingness to learn
Skills and Qualifications (preferred)
- Familiar with programming paradigms
- Familiar with the conferencing and collaboration industry, software, processes and
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
Resumes can be submitted to darlene.cook at genesys.com.