Position Profile: C++ Software Engineer
It's really pretty simple. We're â€œSilicon Valleyâ€ in Toronto. We develop cutting edge technologies in financial services. We employ exceptionally talented, highly intelligent people. We foster a spirit of innovation and creativity.
At OANDA, you will work under the leadership of world-renowned computer science and economics experts. You will develop and challenge your skills every day. You will have the flexibility to be self-directed in your work within a collaborative team environment. You'll enjoy the immediacy of a small company but use the most advanced tools/technologies that a large firm can offer. You will contribute to the growth and direction of OANDA Corporation, and your contributions to the success of the company will be recognized and rewarded.
If you want to compete on a global level, work with the best and brightest, and if your work can stand up to the daily scrutiny of your peers, then please read on…
Who We Are
OANDA Corporation is a high-growth, financially stable software development and data services firm focused on the /$2 trillion per day/ foreign exchange industry. Our goal is to drive the development of global foreign exchange by building the technologies that underpin this lucrative, fast-paced industry. We are a small firm with a world-class service line and a global customer base. We are extremely successful in a highly competitive industry, while having fun and building a friendly, learning-oriented culture.
OANDA has a sustained history of innovation and growth. Founded in 1996, OANDA:
- Launched the first online currency conversion data service, which today is referenced by over 85,000 websites.
- Launched the FXTrade^TM platform â€“ the first graphical-based forex trading platform to offer true 24/7, fully automated online trading with immediate execution and second-by-second interest. (We execute over 300,000 trades daily.)
- Provides data and currency services to organizations such as global accounting firms, international banks, major airlines, news organizations, government tax authorities, and major financial companies.
- Developed the â€œForex Trader's Bill of Rightsâ€ and leads the foreign exchange industry in promoting transparency and ethical conduct.
For further information about OANDA Corporation, please visit our website at www.oanda.com.
The C++ Software Engineer
Applications Developers are critical to OANDA's business success: as a software company, our products are only as good as the people who create them. With that in mind, OANDA looks for highly intelligent, innovative, and dedicated technology professionals.
Working within a Linux / Solaris environment, the Application Developer will research, design, test, implement, and maintain online and back end trading and data services infrastructure applications. The successful candidate will work closely with OANDA's business and technical leadership to understand business requirements, and will collaborate with development team members to design and write applications systems and programs. S/he will participate in project management and will contribute to the architecture and design process of the Internet site. S/he will test and debug applications to ensure proper performance, and will be responsible for developing/modifying program documentation. The Application Developer will also develop an extensive knowledge of OANDA's business and computing environment.
The Skills You Bring:
- At least 2 years of post-graduate working experience in a software engineering role. Industry experience in the foreign exchange, financial services, or other industry with high transaction volumes is preferred.
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. A graduate degree would be an asset.
- Solid application development experience using C++ and C.
- Database programming experience (preferably in DB2 and MySQL).
- Relevant experience in the development of Internet-ready applications programs using Internet communications protocols (TCP/IP).
- Experience with UNIX / Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- Technical insight to achieve the best possible results in a timely manner
- Proven ability to innovate in ways that contribute to the success of the business.
- A strong team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Exceptional communications skills â€“ both oral and written.
- Knowledge of trading protocols such as FIX, CMS, etc. would be an asset.
- Developer experience with scripting languages (PERL) would be an asset.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, together with transcripts and a one page abstract of your thesis (if applicable) in confidence to [email protected].
OANDA Corporation thanks you for your interest. Due to resume volumes, we can only respond to candidates selected for interviews.