The Java Developer (Client Side) & GUI Developer Roles
Java Developers and GUI Developers are critical to OANDA's business success as the majority of our products and services are offered online. In these roles, you will participate in the development and production of interactive, online design projects. These roles comprise website development, user experience design, site development, scripts development, site maintenance, and first level support. You will participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including design, analysis, development, and testing. Working with the latest web technologies, you will be a valued member of an experienced, dynamic, and innovative team.
The Skills You Bring
- At least 2 â€“ 4 years' direct experience in commercial Java development.
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Developer experience with scripting languages (PERL, Python).
- Database programming experience in DB2.
- Experience working in a UNIX and/or Linux environment.
- Technical insight to achieve the best possible results in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to innovate in ways that contribute to the success of the business.
- A strong team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Exceptional communications skills â€“ both oral and written.
- Specific to the Web Developer role:
- Experience developing complex data-driven web sites on various platforms.
- Intermediate experience in SQL and Flash.
- Nice to have – programming experience in C++ or Java
- Specific to the GUI Developer role:
- Experience developing client-server applications using socket programming.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, together with transcripts and a one page abstract of your thesis (if applicable) in confidence to [email protected]
OANDA Corporation thanks you for your interest. Due to resume volumes, we can only respond to candidates selected for interviews.