Random House of Canada is seeking a freelance Web Site Producer with a view to a possible one-year contract.
As a web site producer, you will be responsible for designing and coding components our web sites, updating existing content, and assisting with troubleshooting technical problems. Some projects will require working with Random House U.S. Your work/portfolio should demonstrate an aptitude for design and a good eye for detail.
- Experience in web design
- Programming in a non-WYSIWYG environment on a MAC platform
- Experience adapting and re-using custom code from other programmers
- Familiar with Windows
- Have an understanding of site architecture and navigation issues
- Familiarity with cross-browser issues i.e. Internet Explorer 6/7, Mozilla Firefox, Safari
- The ability to multitask on multiple projects
- Must meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to manage and maintain domain names
- 2-3 years experience in corporate web development group preferred
- HTML / XHTML (including validation)
- Macromedia Flash
- Perl: integrating with exiting code
- Video/Audio on the web
Please provide a list of at least 3 web sites you have worked on, including what aspects you were responsible for.
Resumes should be submitted to [email protected]
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.