Back-end development of highly-interactive, content-rich and DB driven websites and applications.
- 5 years experience in back-end web development with solid background in database design, object-oriented design and development, SOA, and SEO best-practices coding.
- Fluency in PHP and MySQL, hands-on knowledge in Ruby is a plus
- Experience in PHP frameworks, hands-on knowledge in RoR is a plus
- Familiarity or working experience with PostgresSQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase or DB2
- Strong knowledge in Linux, Tomcat/Apache, and related server-level/middleware Open Source packages
- Experience in one or several of the following: website traffic tracking and analysis, performance analysis and reporting, and web stress analysis
- Hands-on experience in CMS, CRM, and Web Services development is a plus
To apply please send resumes to [email protected]
ZipLocal is a powerful online business directory that brings buyers and sellers togetherâ€¦ quickly, simply, and effectively. Formed in 2006 from the merger of Zip411, redToronto, and redMississauga we’re Canada’s second largest online local directory with an average of over a million unique users monthly. Our user-focused site design and flexible search functionality give our users relevant, reliable, local search results that save them time.
At ZipLocal we are building an environment that encourages innovation and industry-leading solutions through collaboration and continuous improvement in all areas of our operation. We encourage the exceptional and foster ongoing skills development for all team members.
And while we’re working hard to be the best we’re also having a lot of fun in the process. Together we’ve created an atmosphere that’s a hybrid of entrepreneurial, corporate, and non-traditional approaches.