Originally from Momentous.ca
This position is for a User Interface Designer (UI Designer). As a member of the Zip.ca Product team, you will participate in many aspects of feature design, prototypes and user scenarios proposing new user interaction design to meet needs of the business and brand for the best possible user experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site architecture documentation including site navigation, information structuring and searching systems and translate into visual experiences
- Create, design and deliver effective, intuitive and pleasing user interface design
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology to identify opportunities to enhance the Zip.ca product
- Foster a collaborative creative environment by sharing critiques and participating in project and team brainstorming sessions
- Understand what users of web-based products need and want to do in the context of those products; design interfaces for those products that best serve the users’ needs while balancing the needs and expectations of the business
- Create material for user testing (paper prototypes, electronic click-through prototypes, etc).
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Interactive/Multimedia Design, Graphic Design, Studio Art, Human Computer Interaction, or related area
- A minimum of five years experience creating and developing experience design solutions for high-traffic dynamic interactive products or services as well as experience with e-commerce design
- Experience in product and application design in a consulting environment preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good analytic and problem solving skills; an understanding of user-centered design principles; knowledge of industry best practices and standards; and a professional communicator inside and outside the design team
- Knowledge of personalization, customization and content management systems preferred
- Must present a portfolio (e.g. a link to an online portfolio) that demonstrates a strong understanding of and passion for experience design and basic graphic design principles