Originally from Teehan+Lax Blog
The Teehan+Lax Platform team has a need for a Senior UI Designer that shares our belief that designing great user experiences can be as much about evoking an emotional response as it is about providing users with a means to an end. The candidate must be able to show examples of how they solved complicated problems without burdening users with complexity.
- At least 6 years professional interactive design experience.
- Strong knowledge of Information Architecture.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in all levels of designers.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Must live, or be willing to commute to Toronto.
- Responsible for the development of navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for Web sites and applications.
- Provide leadership throughout Information Architecture, concept development and front-end development.
- Provide daily management of design team's creative work.
- Help manage day-to-day operations, including setting priorities, assigning resources and ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs.
- Participate in recruiting and hiring Associates.
- Work with Partners and Associates to ensure they reacting appropriately to the strategic, logistic and creative needs of the client.
- Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal development and project initiation.
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships.
- Oversee the creative output of your team.
- Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools to be competitive.
- Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open.
- Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork.
What's different about working at Teehan+Lax
We focus exclusively on front end user experience design for the digital channel. There are no technical build teams, no offline divisions. Everyone you'll be working with desires to create best in breed online user experiences. In fact, 90% of the staff here hold creative positions. That means no Account Managers, no Managing Directors, no Business Analysts. We maintain very little hierarchy. There are two roles at Teehan+Lax: Partners and Associates. The people with the right skills are put on the right projects. We're small and nimble. There are no pitch teams, no â€œBâ€ teams. All of our staff work directly with our clients, so if a client has a question that relates to IA they'll speak to the Associate or Partner who worked on it â€“ not an account manager.
How to apply
If you're talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we'll enable you to do the best work of your career.
Send us a resume and portfolio of your work to â€œjobs [at] teehanlax [dot] comâ€. Suitable candidates will be contacted promptly.