Located in Toronto, OpenVenue e-Research Solutions is a premier provider of Internet-based data collection services to the US$15 billion marketing research industry. Offering leading-edge, fully outsourced, comprehensive technical solutions and project management expertise, we support a growing list of over 150 North American market research clients in their efforts to employ the Internet in fielding research projects probing areas such as customer and employee satisfaction, consumer opinion research, advertising testing, and product concept testing.
Reports to: Senior Technologist, Data Collection Technologies
- Web application development, modular tool development, and documentation.
- Analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of new and current applications.
Target qualifications and pre-requisites include
- A combination of a new media, communications, and/or web design/development degree and/or 2-3 years work experience.
- Understanding of client-side web design including UI, graphics, layout, and client-side programming.
- Be up to date on best practices in web interface design.
- Must provide a portfolio of previous projects.
- Experience with Macromedia Flash, Action Script and object-oriented programming a MUST.
- Liaising with Business Areas on day-to-day web needs; acting as first point of contact for “maintenance” webmastering requests.
- Assistance with other projects as required
- High customer-service orientation
- Excellent HTML/Flash/CSS/JS/ ASP.Net development skills are a must, including provable hands-on experience.
- Experience with publishing files to a public web site, including FTP and UNIX protocols
- Good proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat.
- Detail-oriented, flexible self-starter with excellent grammar and editing skills
- Ability to handle both innovative and set processes in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to be flexible with tasks and workload as requirements change
- Attention to Communication. Ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Oral Communication. Expressing oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others
- Written Communication. Expressing oneself clearly in business writing
- Persuasive Communication. Planning and delivering oral and written communications that persuade intended audiences
- Interpersonal Awareness. Noticing, interpreting, and anticipating others' concerns and feelings, and communicating this awareness empathetically to others
- Influencing Others. Gaining others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
- Building Collaborative Relationships. Developing and maintaining partnerships with others
- Customer Orientation. Demonstrating concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers
- Diagnostic Information Gathering. Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information
- Analytical Thinking. Approaching a problem by logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Forward Thinking. Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Conceptual Thinking. Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective
- Technical Expertise. Depth of knowledge and skill in technical area
- Initiative. Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- Results Orientation. Focusing on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work; setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them
- Thoroughness. Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; careful preparation for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Decisiveness. Making difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Self Confidence. Faith in one's own ideas and ability to be successful; taking an independent position in the face of opposition
- Stress Management. Functioning effectively when under pressure and maintaining self control in the face of hostility or provocation
- Personal Credibility. Demonstrating, concern that one be perceived as responsible reliable, and trustworthy
- Flexibility. Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things
- Brings a creative, can do approach to technical challenges
- Able to work independently and within the scope of assigned tasks
- Able to work on multiple priorities and within defined timelines
- Takes pride in ensuring the integrity and quality of all work undertaken
Please contact: Ilana Koral – [email protected]