BCIT's Information Technology Services Department is looking for a temporary, full-time User Experience Designer and Project Manager (Senior Systems Analyst), Web Services. This position may be extended due to return of incumbent, and/or, posted in the future as a regular full time position. Working with stakeholders around BCIT, you will lead website and application initiatives consistent with the principles of interaction design and information architecture.
The User Experience Designer and Project Manager will identify, document and implement site strategy and design specifications for BCIT web environments. Working in a project team, you will develop new websites and assist in maintaining existing websites. You will create strategic documentation to guide the development of the user experience for BCIT information spaces, and co-ordinate resources within the Web Services team. In addition, you will provide input to the presentation layer and provide hands-on development support (HTML, CSS) as required.
- Minimum two-year diploma in Computer Systems / Web Development or bachelor's degree in science or business
- Minimum six years of current, practical experience, of which at least two demonstrate experience in user experience design, preferably in an educational setting
- Demonstrated ability with requirements definition, site mapping, client interaction, web usability design, interaction design and information architecture
- Proficiency in visual design and screen layout
- Proficiency in authoring and editing (X)HTML and CSS documents without the assistance of web editors, including an understanding of their constraints with regard to user experience
- Excellent communication, facilitation and consultative support skills; proven ability to support clients both in person and by phone
- Experience with web content management systems workflow
- In-depth experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Ability to articulate design solutions and sell stakeholders on design recommendations
- Ability to develop schedules, action plans, and implementation guidelines for web projects.
Experience in the following would also be an asset
- Marqui CMS
- Editing content for the web
- Usability testing.
- Strong attention to detail, customer focused, ability to learn and adapt quickly and with ease.
- A highly enthusiastic and effective oral/written communicator with excellent English verbal and written communications skills. A team leader; enjoys working with people.
- Well-organized, methodical approach.
- Keen interest in Internet technology and an ability to make it easy-to-use.
- Good sense of humour and an ability to prevent absurdity from affecting a commitment to results.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, fierce desire to meet deadlines.
|Term Of Appointment:||ASAP until September 28, 2007|
|Salary RangE:||$55,199 to $73,249 per annum (Placement based on education and experience)|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2007|
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our Online Recruitment Centre at www.bcit.ca/jobs www.bcit.ca/jobs and complete our application form.We are only able to accept applications submitted online.
The above competition falls within the jurisdiction of the BC Institute of Technology Faculty & Staff Association