OurFaves is a revolutionary new platform that allows people to share and discover the best of the city (starting with Toronto) according to their friends and the people whose opinions matter to them. OurFaves is a start-up venture that is funded by Torstar Digital and imason. As we move into open public beta, we require a:
The ideal candidate:
- Strong object-oriented programming (preferably ASP.NET 2.0) skills and is very familiar with Web 2.0 technologies
- Works well in a fast paced, iterative team environment
- Passionate about Web 2.0, has an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives on being the leading edge
- A problem solver and solution-oriented person
- Views ambiguity and involvement as an opportunity
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the GM of OurFaves and working closely with another senior .NET developer and interface designer/developer, you would be a core member of the small start-up team and be an active participant in developing the application.
You would be responsible for:
- Creating web applications using .NET and C# that interact with third-party applications via APIs
- Maintaining and modifying a SQL Server 2005 database
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- 2 years experience in web application development and design for web sites (portfolio of web projects is recommended)
- Working knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies and applications (AJAX, RSS, third-party APIs)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented and service-oriented architecture principles in n-tier architectures
- Working knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS, DHTML, server side scripting languages (e.g. ASP, PHP – ASP.NET 2.0 preferred), and a familiarity with Visual Studio
- Degree in computer science or equivalent (preferable)
- Microsoft certification would be an asset
Some more details
- Start-up environment â€šÃ„Ã¬ young, smart, passionate, talented, fun team!
- Leading Web 2.0 business â€šÃ„Ã¬ revolutionizing local search landscape with our platform.
- Great growth opportunities as we plan to expand throughout North America.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to [email protected].