Nurun Inc., a Quebecor Media Inc. subsidiary, is looking to fill the following position for its Toronto office
Permanent Position, Full-Time
The Senior Developer position is ideal for candidates with a 4 – 6 year track record combined with diverse working experience and considerable exposure to multiple technologies and platforms. With a proven mastery of IBM WebSphere and Java, the Senior Developer is now focusing on providing leadership, mentorship and development experience to the project team. The Developer will have a very strong technology understanding, advanced customer interaction skills and strong communication skills. S/He also requires the ability to quickly understand a client’s business needs and translate them into a working technology solution. The Senior Developer is frequently called upon to participate in the sales process and is expected to work closely with the Account Executives in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Director of Technology.
- Works with Technical Architect and Team Lead reporting jointly to the Project Manager.
- participate as a high level technical expert in design development, coding, testing and debugs new custom applications
- develops procedures to solve complex technical problems
- capable of working at the highest technical level of all phases of custom application development
- may act as a technical lead and/or architect for large teams working with the Project Manager to ensure timely delivery and execution of competed application
- provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior and intermediate Developers
- assist the PM, the Technical Lead and Technical Architect in the project planning process, provide detailed work estimates
- work with Account Executives in the pre-Sales and Sales process
- conduct informal application training to internal staff and clients
- continuation of achievement of technical certifications
- accurate and timely entry of all activities into the Time and Billing system
- expertise sharing, mentoring, and fostering a team environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering
- certifications in several multiple technology platforms such as: Sun Java Certification, IBM WebSphere and/or DB2 Certifications
- teamwork, leadership, attitude, salesmanship
- proficient knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: IBM WebSphere, Java and associated developer toolkits
- strong knowledge of Java
- knowledge of PERL/CGI an asset
- knowledge of WebSphere Commerce an asset
- good written and verbal communication skills
- professionalism and composure
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We thank you for the interest you have demonstrated in sending your profile to Nurun inc. but we will only be able to communicate with persons whose candidacies have been retained in the pre-selection stage. All applications are confidential.
Applicants are to send their resume to [email protected]
Nurun adheres to employment equity principles.
About Nurun Inc.
Nurun Inc. (TSX: NUR), a subsidiary of Quebecor Media Inc., a global company which strategizes, executes, and measures interactive programs that use new technologies. From building awareness to acquiring and retaining customers, our solutions provide exceptional user experiences which enable ecommerce /transactions and leverage the lifetime value of customer relationships.