Nurun Inc., a Quebecor Media Inc. subsidiary, is looking to fill the following position for its Toronto office:
Permanent Position, Full-Time
This intermediate level position is designed for candidates with 3 – 4 years experience working with the J2EE platform in the context of web application development. Working with IBM WebSphere, Java, and other web technologies, the employee is considered to be a core technology team member capable of working under general supervision in a team environment. The employee should be strong technically, have a sound understanding of business and technology processes, and be capable of assuming, under certain conditions, a leadership and mentoring role within the team.
Director of Technology. Works under general supervision of technical lead and/or project manager
- designs, codes, and debugs custom applications or enhancements to existing applications to meet client specifications
- competent to work on fairly complex programs with guidance
- develops procedures to solve technical problems of moderate complexity
- participate in the development of user manuals and other application documentation
- capable of working on most phases of application development
- assist the PM and Technical Lead in the project planning process, provide detailed work estimates
- conduct informal application training to internal staff and clients
- on-going skill development with goal of mastery of technical skills
- achieve multiple technical certifications
- accurate and timely entry of all activities into the Time and Billing system
- expertise sharing, mentoring, and fostering a team environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Sun Java certification
- teamwork, leadership, attitude, and desire to excel
- strong knowledge of the Internet and related technologies
- J2EE on IBM's WebSphere Platform, IBM DB2 UDB
- strong working knowledge of webcentric technologies and tag-based languages
- knowledge of WebSphere Commerce an asset
- might require technical guidance in the development of more complex programs
- should be prepared to work off-site on client location independently
- ability to travel (short and medium term) required
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We thank you for the interest you have demonstrated in sending your profile to Nurun inc. but we will only be able to communicate with persons whose candidacies have been retained in the pre-selection stage. All applications are confidential.
Nurun adheres to employment equity principles.
Applicants are to send their resume to [email protected]
About Nurun Inc.
Nurun Inc. (TSX: NUR), a subsidiary of Quebecor Media Inc., a global company which strategizes, executes, and measures interactive programs that use new technologies. From building awareness to acquiring and retaining customers, our solutions provide exceptional user experiences which enable ecommerce /transactions and leverage the lifetime value of customer relationships.