Nurun Inc, a subsidiary of Quebecor Media Inc., is looking to fill the following position in its head office in Toronto:
Permanent, full-time position
- Delivering project assignments on time and within budget, and with high quality.
- Develop client side interfaces using HTML/DHTML, CSS, Java Script, JSP and others as required.
- Designing and developing the Template Architecture, and other relevant portions of the Interface Architecture and Interface Technical Specifications.
- Writing technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Assisting in the development of the functional specification of client projects.
- Working collaboratively with the creative staff to decide interface implementation details and rich media interfaces.
- Working with the creative team to verify designs are web safe.
- Prepare the content (image, text, animation, video, etc.) for the site's development;
- Assisting in the development of the Interface Architecture Quality Assurance Plan, Deployment Guide, Operations Guide and Interface Technology assessments as appropriate.
- Perform unit testing on all modules.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Participate in indexing.
- College diploma;
- 2-3 years of professional experience in interactive integration;
- Familiar with OO programming
- Familiarity with source code control systems
- Familiarity with web-based testing and QA processes
- GUI design experience
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop to slice, optimize and re-size images
- Experience in working within a team environment
- Substantial experience with client service
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Experience working in a Mac/PC environment
- An excellent ability to deal with people at all levels and build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Experience with XML, XSL/XSLT, and DTD or Schema validation is considered an asset
- Experience with AJAX would be an asset
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, indexing would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Flash to deploy animations to JSP pages would be considered an asset
We offer competitive remuneration and a dynamic work environment. While we thank all those who show interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are kept confidential.
Applicants are to email their resume to [email protected]
Nurun is an equal opportunity employer.