Founded in 2000, 3Genius Corporation is a next-generation entertainment/media company. We develop and operate interactive travel and media properties with offices in Toronto, New York and Barbados. We are looking to hire technology developers for our head office in Toronto to work on the www.moola.com project.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Reporting to the Head of Development, you’ll be working on an exciting distributed enterprise software applications. In this role you will lead all aspects of the design and implementation of business tier and core application infrastructure.
You should have:
- At least seven years of software development experience as a senior developer
- In depth experience with Java, exposure to C++, Delphi, and/or Python based systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, exposure to model based development, or functional languages
- Distributed N-tier systems experience CORBA, DCOM, J2EE
- Ability to write low-level multi-threaded and networked applications (TCP/UDP sockets, RMI, RPC, JGroups)
- Good end-to-end understanding of basic open-source e-commerce infrastructure, tools and components (Apache, Tomcat, JSP, servlets, STRUTS, J2EE, beans, Ant, CVS, PHP, MySQL)
- Extensive experience with relational databases and object-relational mapping (Hibernate)
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux
- Ability to provide technical leadership to other developers
- Experience managing large sub-system within complex distributed application stack
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills; high personal discipline
This position is available immediatedly to local candidates in Toronto, Canada. Please submit your resume as desribed on contact page.