FreshBooks – Web Designer
Do you want to design extraordinary user experiences and nurture the growth of a brand? If youâ€™re interested in bringing design ideals to life, weâ€™d like to hear from you. Freshbooks is looking for an experienced, creative web designer to join our friendly and hard-working team.
You will provide strategic input and support for product and marketing initiatives, be confident crafting great user experiences, redesigning existing features to make them magical, and be happy in a laid-back, professional, focused environment. You need to be an authority at refining marketing creative (web site, promotional materials) and designing our products. As an integral part of our small team, you will work closely with our harmless and well-fed web and product developers.
We need you to have:
- The ability to talk to and understand your customersâ€™ ideal experiences and bring them to life
- 3-5 years of solid experience crafting XHTML/CSS websites
- Creative concept development and solution design experience
- Strong visual design and GUI design skills
- Experience building sites with <div> rather than <table>
- Strong skills in the usual tools: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, FTP programs, brainpower, pencils, etc.
- Excellent writing skills
We hope you have:
- Brand development experience
- Knowledge of Web 2.0
- Strong knowledge of current online trends and technology
- Experience with multivariate and A/B testing
- A hankering to blog
FreshBooks has been helping our clients take the pain out of invoicing since 2000. A software service dedicated to our customers, we see design as way to establish leadership in the marketplace â€“ thatâ€™s why we want you. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and the possibility of stock options. We keep regular working hours that donâ€™t involve sleep loss, in a casual yet innovative small business environment.
Send your resume and portfolio or URLs to [email protected]. We regret we are unable to offer sponsorship to work in Canada at this time.