TELUS is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the TELUS team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative internet, voice, data and wireless products and solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. Join our team and make your future friendly too.
As a usability/interaction designer working within the Web User Experience Team, which is part of the Consumer Marketing Web Team, you must understand the interdependency between visual design and human interface design; and demonstrate a passion for user centred design and innovative technologies. Working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, you will lead functional design efforts on a variety of projects, working closely with product managers, project managers, visual designers and Web interface developers to develop new online applications and improve existing Web properties. Part of this involves designing, researching and prototyping user experiences for TELUS Web applications and consumer facing Web properties.
- Applying user-centered design processes to develop high quality user- flows and end to end experiences
- Coordinating, developing and facilitating usability tests that apply user-centered design principles, human factors, usability heuristics and methodologies, industry best practices and standards
- Designing, executing, and leading research and usability focused efforts, including field observations, contextual interviewing, task analysis, usability testing, competitive analysis, industry trends, social trends, stakeholder interviewers and contextual inquiry
- Driving and enabling the adoption and use of best practices across the different Web applications/properties
- Formally promoting the value of usability testing and user research to new business and technology colleagues
- Acting in a consultant capacity to provide advice and expert opinion on usability related issues that evolve throughout the design process, across multiple projects
- Working with visual designers and interface developers to ensure the development of interfaces for products that best serve user needs
- Working closely with a cross-functional team to develop the desired functionality to ensure that application requirements are met
- Working with usability researchers to design and observe usability studies
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements
- Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Mentoring usability specialists, with an emphasis on constant team collaboration and knowledge sharing; as well as sharing critiques and participating in project and team brainstorming sessions
- Maintaining an awareness of current trends in technology, design, eBusiness, and marketing in order to identify opportunities to enhance the experience design of interactive services
- Prioritizing recommendations for Web site or application user testing and performance measurement
- A BA, preferably in Human Factors/HCI, Usability Engineering, Industrial Design, Cognitive Science or product application design, or related field and/or depth of experience. Post graduate degree an asset.
- Proven laboratory, interview, and observation skills
- Proven experience writing use cases, creating wireframes, prototypes and IA diagrams
- Detailed knowledge of Usability best practices
Required Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with software such as Visio, Photoshop and Illustrator for creating site maps and flow charts
- Familiarity with HTML for creating prototypes
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- The ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively to a broad range of people, including designers, executives, business development and technical staff
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- At least five years experience in Internet and/or software UI design and/or architecture as a key member of a user experience team participating the development lifecycles of several successfully launched Web and/or software applications
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
To apply, please go to: https://telus.taleo.net/servlets/CareerSection?art_ip_action=FlowDispatcher&flowTypeNo=13&pageSeq=2&reqNo=135715&art_servlet_language=en&selected_language=en&csNo=10000#topOfCsPage