Manager, Product Development, Consumer Internet Services â€“ Broadband Product
Name and description of the hiring department
The Consumer Internet Services â€“ Broadband Product team at Bell is at the forefront of new product innovation for the consumer market. Our mission is to identify, develop and deploy Next Generation Services that simplify and enhance the communication experiences of the Canadian consumer at home and away. In so doing, we will provide Bell with a sustainable competitive advantage, protect core businesses, and deliver new sources of revenue growth.
The Broadband, Mobile & Communication Services group, a division of the Broadband Product team, creates leading in-home revenue-generating value added services while creating one experience for ALL Bell Consumers. Our group creates a common customer experience to improve branding, retention and usability while providing converged services that deliver greater value than the sum of their parts.
The Manager â€“ Broadband Home Development role requires innovative and pragmatic individuals with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to learn quickly and adapt rapidly to change. Candidates that have both a keen business sense and a good high-level understanding of how broadband and communications and related-technologies impact and drive the business will be highly successful in this role.
Job duties / Accountabilities
- Prime the development and expansion of existing hardware bundling solutions to include new capabilities that increase revenue and demonstrate the value of inter-product packaging
- Further the integration of our VAS and hardware offerings
- Work with internal and external partners to conduct primary research and research associated with product trials and launches
- Socialize products to be developed to our customer groups within Bell (Marketing, Call Centre, Retail etc.) and to executive stakeholders
- Develop product strategy, positioning and business cases in collaboration with Marketing and Product Management and extended teams
- Bring new solutions to market that best meet the customer need
H3. Essential Skills / Competencies
- University or other relevant post-secondary education
- Preferred 1-3 years experience in Product Management, Development or Marketing
- Very strong customer focus with an ability to extract insights from research from a customer perspective and translate learnings into product requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand how new technologies are being used to address customer needs and create service opportunities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; within department and cross-functionally
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- In-depth knowledge of BCH products
- Must be extremely flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of Broadband products, services, technologies and trends preferred
NOTE: Special instructions for application
Applicants to this position MUST include a covering letter with CONCISE (<1 page, 10pt font) replies to the following:
- Where is broadband headed in the next 2-3 years? What role can Bell Canada play in this space for our customers?
- What is an example of a service that Bell would be able to offer to our customers and in what ways do you think this service would be successful for Bell and for our customers?
- Describe an scenario in your past when you used your imagination, leadership, presentation, analysis and judgement to conceive an idea, rally people around that idea, and worked out an implementation plan/solution and executed on that idea.
The Consumer Services Development department is a fast-paced and high-energy environment. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people on the newest product innovations.
Position Type: Management
Company name: Bell Canada
Dept. Contact name: Greg Fung
Date Candidate Required: April 20, 2007
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equality to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender; Bell is an equal opportunity employer.