The web product designer is responsible for creating compelling customer experiences that meet business objectives and align with customer goals and values. Working with marketing stakeholders, project managers, graphic designers and developers, the product designer must establish clear objectives, gather business requirements, procure customer insight and establish design strategies in order to produce product and feature enhancements that drive Lavalife's competitive advantage. Key elements of the role include supporting online marketing initiatives, developing a rich understanding of our customer base and evaluating usability and customer experience of new and existing Lavalife products.
Areas of Expertise
- Business requirements gathering
- Qualitative research techniques / customer insight gathering
- Customer segmentation and the development and use of personas
- Interactive product design strategy
- Information architecture and task analysis
- User interface design including wireframing, iterative and collaborative design methods
- Documenting design specifications
- Usability and customer experience evaluation
- Sponsoring and leading product innovation activities within business and technology groups
- Minimum 4 years in an agency or similar setting
- Related university degree or commensurate experience
- Excellent written, oral and diagrammatic communication skills
- Working knowledge of current web technologies and associated possibilities and constraints
- Positive, flexible, enthusiastic and professional
- Expert user of MS Visio and/or similar products
3. About Us
Lavalife Corp., one of the leading providers of technology-based meeting services for singles, allows its members safe access to like-minded singles â€“ anywhere, anytime.
Lavalife's initial growth came from the innovative development and application of interactive voice response (IVR) technology. Today the company integrates and leverages its proprietary IVR technology with Internet and Mobile technologies to provide singles with multiple choices on how to connect.
Lavalife is an exceptionally dynamic organization. We have an open concept environment that has been modeled to build teamwork, trust and integrity. Our head office and customer contact centre are located in Toronto, Canada and we employ over 270 staff.
Interested candidates can apply to our website: www.lavalife.com/careers