Position Reference # SMKT013
Do you have the mind of a marketer and the heart of a designer? Do you understand that design has to be both functional and attractive? If you’re creative and analytical in equal measure, and you have an excellent grasp of standard web design tools, Geosign’s Usability team wants to talk to you.
Join our team in Guelph, ON and you will have the opportunity to see what designs actually attract users, giving you a unique and valuable insight into how your designs directly impact traffic and revenue. You will learn the secrets behind truly valuable designs, and have the opportunity refine sites based on that knowledge.
- Using proven web design skills to create strong User Experiences across all sites, with a focus on revenue growth
- Leading design changes to our existing portfolio of sites that measurably improve user experience
- Working with the Search Marketing team to test design changes using A/B Testing and quantifying the impact on visitors
- Utilizing user feedback and web analytics tools to assist you in driving intelligent design decisions
- Strong sense of User Experience issues associated with the web
- Some familiarity with advanced web analytic applications (e.g. Omniture, Offermatica, Webtrends, ClickTracks)
- 2+ years professional experience in website design
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization using excellent fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing blogs and forums (especially with Community Server) an asset
- E-commerce experience an asset
Geosign Corporation is a member of the GeosignÂ® group of companies which are leading online media publishing companies reaching more than 35 million consumers per month across 180 websites in 20 verticals. Geosign has become one of the top 50 online publishers today. Marquee sites include Gizmocafe.com, Nomadik.com and ThinkFashion.com. Through progressive thinking, innovative technology and a growing team of outstanding editors, writers, designers and developers, Geosign is at the forefront of the online publishing revolution. Founded in 2000, Geosign is a profitable, privately owned company. Geosign provides a creative, highly entrepreneurial environment that rewards commitment, achievement, discipline, and bold ideas. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as numerous employee perks, including a gym and personal trainer.
How to Apply
Please forward applications via email only to [email protected] including a cover letter and resume. Indicate the position title Usability Web Designer and position reference #SMKT013 in the email subject line. Please include two â€“ three (2-3) URLs that you have recently worked on.
Only Word or Adobe PDF documents will be accepted. All files and pages must clearly show Last Name, First Name on each page and in each file name. Only responses received via email will be considered. No phone calls, faxes, agencies or drop-ins please.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.