About LiveHive Systems Inc.
LiveHive Systems Inc. is a cutting-edge, rapidly growing company that is creating the next-generation of interactive entertainment solutions for TV broadcasters, web portals and fantasy sports sites. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, LiveHive's technology combines the pure entertainment of television, with the excitement of video gaming and the social aspects of the internet. We are seeking energetic candidates ready to lay the groundwork for the next generation of interactive prediction platforms.
As a Developer with LiveHive, you will join a growing team of development professionals responsible for designing, constructing, testing, and supporting LiveHive’s NanoGamingâ„¢ products and systems.
In particular, as a Web UI Developer, you will perform development and maintenance tasks for rich browser-based UI controls and components for the NanoGaming Platform. You will work closely with in-house and contract graphic designers to build highly interactive, data-driven, skinnable UI components, using the full spectrum of browser-based technologies. Your work will demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to design excellence.
Working closely with other Software Developers, you will contribute to cross-team technical leadership.
- Build web UI components to provided specifications and conduct detailed walk-thrus to ensure compliance and completeness
- Produce static graphics, animations, stylesheets, and program code as required
- Contribute to design and feasibility discussions
- Write and Maintain component documentation, including operating manuals, as necessary
- Provide escalation for production support in a 24/7 environment
- University degree, community college diploma, or equivalent training in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-3 years intensive web development experience with a presentation-layer focus
- High level of proficiency producing Macromedia Flash animations
- High level of proficiency with ActionScript
- Strong graphic design skills (vector and bitmap)
- Familiarity with the following languages, technologies, tools, and development environments:
- XML, SQL and Relational data management
- Java, C#, or other comparable object-oriented languages
- JSP / ASP / ASP.net and Web Services
- Familiarity with common software design patterns and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong English communication skills (facilitation, interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to assess task progress against targets and take corrective action as needed to ensure goals are met
Interested applicants should email their resume and transcript to: [email protected]