Company: Elastic Path Software, Inc
Position: User Experience Designer
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Ecommerce stores are ripe for a user experience makeover and we want you to be the person who defines and develops the next generation online shopping experience! We got the ball rolling with an innovative One Page ecommerce checkout built using AJAX technology – now it’s your turn. How could merchandising be displayed more interactively? Could you increase average order sizes with a fresh look at bundling or promotions? How could the checkout experience be improved? This position could be your canvas for technical and visual creativity. And you’ll be working against the background of one of the hottest Web 2.0 hotbeds in North America – beautiful Vancouver, BC – where it is possible to innovate in the morning, kayak at lunch, flex your creative muscle in the afternoon, and ski at night (all in the same day).
The User Experience Designer will be responsible for the visual design and interaction design for Elastic Path’s eCommerce platform. This will include the visual design and implementation for both the administrative tool as well designing innovative commerce store fronts for both live customer sites as well our reference demo stores. Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the User Experience Designer will collaborate with external design partners, Product Managers and Software Engineers in the continual innovation of Elastic Path’s commerce platform.
- Applying user-centered design processes to create high quality user experiences for our commerce manager
- Designing interaction models, workflows and information architecture.
- Producing detailed user interface specifications, wireframes, and sitemaps
- Creating visual user interface designs and icons
- Implementing designs using HTML and CSS
- Designing user interfaces and creating UI Specifications
- Implement design templates & standards for adoption by the Software Engineering team
- BS/BA or MS/MFA degree in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience creating visual designs and interaction designs for Web applications
- Ability to provide portfolio examples of relevant visual and interaction design work
- Strong visual/graphical interface design skills
- Expert knowledge of the use of Photoshop, Fireworks, and/or Illustrator for the creation of visual application design deliverables
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Solid understanding of UCD principles and interaction design skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other designers and team members; receptive to feedback and direction from others
- Strong detail orientation, and an obsession for accuracy and consistency
- Clear, organized written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of underlying technical concepts
- Knowledge of AJAX technologies (preferably DOJO)
- Experience with at least one version control system (ie. CVS, Visual SourceSafe, ClearCase, Perforce, etc)
- Previous experience in developing the design for market leading eCommerce sites.
- Experience developing flash based web applications using Flex
Please submit a portfolio with your application online at http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EKKON&cws=1&rid=33. Resumes without portfolios will not be considered.