Join an exciting new online and mobile video content start-up business! We are looking for a Director of Operations who combines a great understanding of the Internet and mobile video environment, creative instincts and production know-how, with solid business and management ability. The Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the business including technical, administrative, financial and content acquisitions & distribution activities; guides the growth of the business and works with a small, creative team to meet aggressive audience and distribution targets.
Scope of the Position
This contractual, full-time position reports directly to the CEO from iThentic's Toronto office and involves overall responsibility for management of website; relationships with wide range of content providers; relationships with distribution partners, sponsors and advertisers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management of website operations including design updates and maintenance; content acquisition and production; delivery feeds to distribution partners;
- Ensure financial and administrative operations are in place for reporting requirements to content providers and other partners;
- Develop and oversee projects suitable for third-party funding and licensing;
- Based on the business strategy, determine and implement suitable marketing strategy including SEO, paid advertising, and viral campaigns;
- Liaise and maintain friendly relationships with content providers, content partners, and distribution partners such as carriers;
- Manage budget and deliver monthly performance reports to CEO;
- Manage content team, web designer, and third-party contractors as required.
- Bachelor's level education or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years or more experience in project management (ideally 3+ years in an online environment and familiarity with mobile a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in television or media production
- Experience in drafting proposals, service and license agreements, 'pitch' or sales documents
- Basic financial management and administrative skills
- Solid understanding of Internet video technologies (editing, compressing, streaming, etc)
- Exceptional communicator â€“ with strong writing ability
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, not afraid of cold-calls, drive to succeed in highly entrepreneurial environment
$70,000 plus performance bonus.
This position has been filled
If you're interested in this opportunity, please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected]. Absolutely no calls please.