About LiveHive Systems Inc.
LiveHive Systems Inc. is a cutting-edge, rapidly growing company that is creating the next-generation of interactive entertainment solutions for TV broadcasters, web portals and fantasy sports sites. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, LiveHive's technology combines the pure entertainment of television, with the excitement of video gaming and the social aspects of the internet. We are seeking the best and the brightest to help create the future of online entertainment.
As a Product Manager with LiveHive, you will join a growing team of technology professionals responsible for defining and managing LiveHive's NanoGamingâ„¢ products and systems. Working closely with the Product Strategy, Engineering and Marketing departments, you will have ownership and responsibility for managing the growth and development of several sub-components of the NanoGaming system. This will include gathering and analysis of system requirements as well as the creation of detailed feature specification documents for use by project stakeholders and for development by the engineering team. You will be mentored by more senior members of the Product Management team in building and executing on a roadmap for your assigned components.
In particular, as a Product Manager you will use your understanding of software development and standard software specification practices to create well-defined, detailed software specifications. In addition you will participate in creative design meetings to conceptualize features and lead the specification definition process for internal and external software development projects including windows based applications, web-based applications, flash, usability and mobile applications. You will be responsible for following through these features and verifying their functionality versus stakeholder acceptance criteria. Additional responsibilities may include working with Marketing to create product literature for your assigned components, gathering relevant competitive analysis, attending partner meetings and trade shows.
- Gather and analyze system & feature requirements
- Produce system requirements in the form of detailed software requirement & software specification documents.
- Create, manage, and execute on a roadmap for assigned product components
- Participate in brainstorming/design meetings for new product features and product direction
- Work with product strategy & engineering teams to establish a functioning specification methodology so that the design/spec/engineering review/engineering implementation is a smooth and efficient process.
- Work with Marketing to create product literature to describe product features and components
- Analyze industry reports to gain familiarity with market information relevant to LiveHive products and system features.
- University degree, College diploma, or equivalent training in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-3+ years experience writing specification in a fast paced software development environment
- Some basic project management experience is highly desirable
- Previous experience in software engineering, software development and requirements gathering
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle and standard software specification practices
- High level of proficiency gathering detailed requirements
- High level of proficiency writing detailed software specifications documents
- Experience writing software specifications for mobile devices and other platforms would be a definite asset.
- Familiarity with common software design processes
- Creative thinker â€“ able to conceptualize new product features, validate their merit, and create a roadmap to get us there
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong English communication skills (facilitation, interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to assess task progress against targets and take corrective action as needed to ensure goals are met
Interested candidate should submit a resume and cover letter in word format to: [email protected]
Visit our website at www.livehivesytems.com