Critical Mass is currently seeking outstanding individuals eager to join our team of talented web professionals. We are excited to announce the following position. If this new opportunity interests you, please visit www.criticalmass.com to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Critical Mass; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Flash Developer builds Flash pieces using Macromedia Flash for Web-based, desktop and wireless delivery. Using the Macromedia Flash authoring tool, flash developers architect, design and execute the framework, components and script that compromise Flash projects. Working closely with project teams that include creative members (such as art directors, designers and copywriters) as well as technical members (such as Web developers, application developers and database administrators), the Flash Developer works to balance technical requirements with creative needs. The Flash Developer is expected to code with re-usability in mind, research and implement innovative scripting techniques and be up to speed on the latest Flash enhancements and versions.
- Collaborating with creative and technical team members to determine the most appropriate, robust implementation of Flash
- Working closely with art directors and designers to ensure that creative intent and results are achieved at the highest level
- Working closely with Web and application developers as well as database administrators to ensure technical integration and the meeting of requirements
- Interacting with project teams to understand business and user requirements to determine minimum specifications for Flash development
- Authoring technical briefs for client approval and project development
- Maintaining high coding standards and practices and exercise quality control on all aspects of Flash development
- Breaking new ground, researching and implementing innovative Flash techniques and features
- Problem-solving in all areas of Flash development
- At least three to five years’ experience as a Flash developer in an agency environment
- Expertise in Flash development methodologies (i.e. ActionScript OOP implementation, component development, XML communication, etc.) and quality assurance
- Experience and with both Flash and Director MX
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Macromedia product range and competing toolsets
- Flash animation, video and design knowledge and expertise
- Creative toolset knowledge and expertise (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Web technology knowledge and expertise (i.e. XML, HTML, DHTML, server side scripting and applications, databases, etc.)
- Excellence in communicating Flash’s technical and creative prowess acting as a bridge between both worlds
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse demands
- Proven aptitude for quick creative and technical thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- A natural leader who will develop team relations that foster both learning and excellence
About Critical Mass Inc.
Critical Mass is a marketing company specializing in sophisticated Web site design and digital marketing programs. With a strong and proven background in the areas of customer experience management and customer relationship development, we help high profile organizations like Mercedes-Benz USA, Dell, Hyatt, Citi, Pampers, USAA, Albertsons and others forge deep relationships with their customers. Profitable and stable, our work has been recognized with numerous prestigious awards including:
- The Forrester Wave: Web Design Agencies, Q3 2005 â€“ Critical Mass ranked first among 12 agencies for current offering
- Forrester Research Web Design Agency Shootout, 2004 â€“ Critical Mass ranked highest out of 17 interactive firms in multiple categories
- eHealthcare Leadership Awards, 2005 â€“ 6 awards for Kaiser Permanente
- IAB MIXX Awards, 2005 â€“ Gold, Interactive Television Category, Mercedes-Benz USA iTV campaign
- Webby Awards, 2005 : Best Automotive site â€“ Mercedes-Benz USA SLK microsite
- Internet Retailer, 2005 â€“ Best of the Web, Dell.com
- MSN Creative Awards, 2005 â€“ Silver, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) â€œWhat the Maid Foundâ€ (video category)
- WebAward Competition, 2005- Best Home Building Web site, Andersen Windows
Apply online at criticalmass.com/careers/apply.htm