Originally from Workopolis
Bell Mobility, a leader in the wireless communications industry, is a dynamic organization committed to providing mobility in communications. The dedication of our people combined with our leading edge and emerging technologies deliver solutions to meet wireless, anytime, anywhere, communication needs of today’s rapidly growing communication industry. Our services include mobile voice and data services including postpaid, prepaid, 1X Data, Voice Mail, SMS, LBS, Picture Messaging, TV, Music and more. At Bell Mobility, you will have opportunities to build and grow the business and interesting work that will require you to stretch your abilities.
Analyst â€“ User Experience
Wireless Products & Services Development
The Wireless Products & Service Development team is a dynamic organization responsible for maximizing the impact of services development and enhancements aimed at all market segments. Paramount to that goal, our User Experience team puts the customers' needs first and foremost by inspiring service development design to drive higher adoption and revenue.
Reporting to the Associate Director â€“ User Experience, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to usability efforts for Bell Mobility's product development initiatives. Taking a user-centered approach, you will drive revenue targets, penetration rates and ARPU by working closely with Bell Mobility project primes to understand their projects' usability needs and then developing creative solutions for meeting these needs.
- Recommend to team members the most effective user-centered methods to answer their questions about users and design directions for their projects
- Collaborate with the team to develop user profiles and mental models and perform tasks analysis
- Help the team create prototypes, and review prototypes developed by others
- Conduct usability tests and interviews, organize surveys, and complete any other usability assessments as appropriate
- Help record and interpret test results and ensure that the team obtains a good understanding of the meaning and implications of users' feedback
- Help the team decide what actions to take about feedback and to provide input for design decisions
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with ethnographic/qualitative interviewing, UI prototyping and methods of usability testing
- User-centered design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable in delivering presentations to large audiences
- Motivated, self-disciplined and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects
- Additional degree in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, or Human Factors Engineering
- Experience with various prototyping toolkits (VB, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a wireless carrier environment or a high technology infrastructure vendor
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
Depending on the stage different products/services are at, typical daily activities may include:
- Meeting with a product prime to serve as a consultant on early interface design proposals
- Acting as part of a vendor selection team to help evaluate product user interfaces
- Developing a usability testing approach for a prospective product or service
- Conducting usability tests on in-development or in-market products
- Identifying improvements to Mobility's product design/selection process to address human factors considerations better
- Delivering tutorial sessions to the development teams to educate them about usability/human factors
Date Candidate Required: ASAP
Canvass Close date: Feb 28, 2007
Contribution Path: CP2 / CP3
Please note only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you can not apply on-line, please submit your application indicating the position reference number to
Dept. Contact Name: Miriam Tatone
Email: [email protected]
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender.
Bell Mobility is an equal opportunity employer.