Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With seven million users, it's not surprising that 100% of Fortune 100 firms are Autodesk customers. For the eleventh consecutive year, Autodesk clients have won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. Autodesk is the world’s leading software and services company for the manufacturing, infrastructure, building, media and entertainment, and wireless data services fields. Autodesk's solutions help customers create, manage, and share their digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more productive, streamlining project efficiency, and maximizing profits.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California. For additional information about Autodesk, please visit http://www.autodesk.com.
Title: Product Manager, Alias Design Products, 60620
Location: Toronto, ON
- Responsible for requirements gathering and validation for Autodesk's Alias Design Products.
- Provide support to sales and marketing in the roll-out and launch of new products and new product versions.
- Work with sales to ensure key customers are both successful and satisfied
- Identify target customer segments and process needs.
- Collect, validate, and prioritize customer requirements.
- Develop the marketing requirements document (MRD).
- Manage the review and approval process for the MRD.
- Work with development organization in determining development priorities.
- Communicates critical product information to sales and field personnel
- Works with technical representatives to develop Product Proposals for new product or new version of current product.
- Works closely with product design to ensure product specifications deliver on market requirements.
- Works with Geographies to develop Product Introduction Plan.
- Supervises market research and usability testing related to development of new products and new versions.
- Scout and work with external technology partners
- B.S. or equivalent in Industrial Design or related engineering discipline, post-graduate business or marketing degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of product design and software development process.
- 3-5 years industrial design industry experience.
- 2-5 years in a sales or marketing role.
- Understanding of the requirements of consumer and automotive product designers and their relevant market segments
- Ability to work effectively with senior players in development, QA, Tech Pubs, and marketing.
- Ability to create and articulate a product vision.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong team player
- Very good understanding of the industrial design users and process chain and the various channels required to reach this customer.
- Broad range of marketing experience with emphasis on customer requirements, product planning and product introductions.
- Current knowledge of Autodesk products (especially Alias) and competitive CAID and CAD software capabilities.
- Strong knowledge in all stages of the Computer Aided Industrial Design processes as well ad design visualization.
- Current knowledge of software industry issues and emerging technologies.
- Standard office productivity software (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- International experience.
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, on going employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please apply at http://www.autodesk.com/careers – Job  . Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.