h3. Position Overview
Digital Cement is looking for a multi-disciplinary individual to fill an opening for an Experience Designer. As a key member of the strategic planning team, you work with a variety of clients and projects to contribute your consumer expertise to developing more impactful marketing programs. The Experience Designer brings together a unique blend of strategic, business thinking with the ability to generate powerful, original, and creative marketing communications ideas. You will be responsible for the design of relevant and impactful relationship marketing experiences that inspire target customers to respond and therefore deliver desired business results. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside members of the Strategy, Analytics and Creative teams.
- Design multi-channel relationship marketing campaigns and life cycle programs.
- Facilitate discovery sessions to understand current client initiatives, brands, target segments, and messaging priorities.
- Execute and analyze consumer research to understand key drivers and motivations that inform powerful creative.
- Document experience flows including touchpoint maps and interactions at each channel.
- Lead and participate in ideation and design sessions.
- Provide direction to creative and development teams on key messaging and experience objectives.
- Work with an extended network of solution partners to innovate and develop new methods to connect with consumers.
- Act as subject matter expert to educate and advise full Digital Cement team on Experience Design.
- Maintain a finger on the pulse of the industry to know when and why to push the envelope.
- You can think abstractly, but can apply your thinking just as easily. Nebulous concepts don’t scare you, but inspire you to build a framework around them. You understand how to determine consumer needs and fashion an experience to meet them while delivering corporate marketing objectives. You understand the power of a conversational relationship.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or related field where your focus is on connecting the needs and motivations of individuals to solutions that the client business/brand offers. You have demonstrated your skills in creating consumer-centric marketing experiences that deliver business results.
- Degree in psychology, sociology, marketing, design, engineering, film or other field that conceptualizes or studies interfaces for communication.
- Experience in direct and/or digital marketing.
- The statement ‘customer centric’ is not alien to you and inspires you to revolutionize the traditional campaign marketing model.
- An ability to think abstractly and distill many variables into a coherent structure.
- The ability to think strategically.
- The ability to understand client business drivers.
- The fiendish desire to understand the way people think.
- Pioneer: the ability to work in an area where we challenge existing paradigms and conventional wisdom to change the way organizations communicate with their customers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with demonstrated excellence in facilitation and presentation.
Digital Cement is a relationship management firm Headquartered in Toronto and with staff in various US locations. We aid our clients in creating value through relationship management. Digital Cement’s programs aim to establish a mutual exchange of value between consumer needs and client objectives.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.