Position: Web Designer, Corporate Intranet
Location: Downtown Toronto Subway Location
Department: IDEAS team within the SIMS division of UHN
Salary Range: $48,000 to $55,000 per year
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
About the position
The Web Designer, Corporate Intranet position offers broad exposure to the hospital environment as well as to current IT and Internet technologies.
- Content management for large Intranet;
- Update and maintain Intranet sites;
- Application analysis, support, and maintenance;
- Complete work as scheduled by design/content lead.
The qualifications include:
- 1-2 years experience designing and maintaining web sites;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Contribute, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with applications using technologies such as: .NET, C#, ASP, XML, XSL, SQL Server;
- Exposure to usability concepts, Web standards compliance, protocols, and basic accessibility issues;
- Experience writing and editing content for the web;
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks at one time, support project team members, work both independently and as part of a team, and meet deadlines;
- Solid video and audio optimization skills;
- Willing to keep up to date with developments in technology and methodologies.
- Experience training users and contributors in various web design tools and methodologies, is preferred;
- Experience in web development for different platforms and browsers, is preferred.
About the team
Shared Information Management Services (SIMS) is a partnership comprised of integrated information management and information technology (IM/IT) services across multiple healthcare organizations in the GTA. This partnership, which extends well beyond UHNÂ´s hospitals, focuses on improving the coordination of health-care services across the continuum of care through the innovative deployment and adoption of information and communication technologies.
For a short video on why you might want to work for SIMS, click: http://www.uhn.ca/Careers_at_UHN/careers_at_uhn/profiles/information_technology/videos/high/sims_4.mpg
For comments on career progression at SIMS, click: http://www.uhn.ca/Careers_at_UHN/careers_at_uhn/profiles/information_technology/videos/high/sims_5.mpg
For our CIOÂ´s summary on our information management strategy at SIMS, click: http://www.uhn.ca/Careers_at_UHN/careers_at_uhn/profiles/information_technology/videos/high/sims_2.mpg
About the firm
At University Health Network, the breadth of skills, proud histories and stellar reputations of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital come together to achieve a common purpose and vision. UHN is among the ranks of the world’s leading providers of exemplary patient care and innovative research and teaching. From humble beginnings in a small shed back in 1912, our hospitals share a tradition of great outcomes and medical firsts. These traditions will be built upon as we follow our vision of achieving global impact
For a short video called: “What is UHN?” Click: http://www.uhn.ca/About_UHN/video/2003_agm_10.wmv
Interested candidates are advised to apply by February 15, 2007.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN, Improving the patientÂ´s experience through Patient Centered Care!
For additional information on Patient Centered Care, please visit: http://www.pickerinstitute.org
Internal candidates already employed by UHN, will need to have completed their probationary period, have satisfactory attendance and meet the experience and qualifications, prior to applying.
Resume Format Request
If you apply, you will be asked to cut and paste a ‘text only’ version of your resume into the box provided. After you have completed the online application and after you hit ‘Submit’ you will be invited to attach one or two files to your application. Please make one of these attached files, your formatted resume in .pdf or .rtf or .doc format.
UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.