Splice Interactive has an exciting opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic and experienced Website Designer in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of online projects, including illustration and production, from concept to implementation. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with various Corus Radio properties, including, but not limited to the EDGE, Q107, CFOX, and Y108.
- Creation of online projects ranging from rich-media banner ads, promotional campaigns, to full websites, including illustration, design, CSS, ActionScript, and HTML.
- Work with the Project Manager to coordinate essential design projects from start to finish
- Liaise with team designers and clients (internal and external) to understand individual project needs
- Respond to internal and external client requests
- Ensure work delivered is high quality and fully tested
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Strong design portfolio with at least 3 yrs of experience in the interactive design industry
- Educational diploma in Design, Multimedia, or a related field
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles is essential.
- Solid illustration/design skills
- Advanced knowledge of current design software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
- Familiarity with designing for .NET, XML, and ActionScript is an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
- Knowledge of information architecture and usability best practices.
- Creativity, drive and desire to work in the media/entertainment industry is essential
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with many different groups of people
- A positive, friendly manner and approach
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by February 4th, 2007 via email ONLY to: [email protected]
(Please indicate â€œWebsite Designer, Splice Interactiveâ€ in your subject line.
No phone calls please. Only those considered will be contacted).
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities